Natural Fly Repellents
Natural Fly Repellents
There are many species of flies all over the world. These flies grow in size as they grow into maturity. House flies are pests that do not actually bite but are capable of transmitting several diseases such as typhoid, diarrhea, cholera and dysentery. If you have a fly problem, they may also cause eye infections.
Natural fly repellants are one way of controlling these menacing pests. There are many kinds of natural fly repellants that one can prepare without hassle. You may also use Shooaway with this house fly problem.
Types of Natural Fly Repellants
- Camphor – is a good deterrent of house flies. Just light up camphor and the fumes from the camphor will spread in the room and will quickly get rid of the house flies.
- Basil – Basil is not just a medicinal herb, it can also be effective against house flies. Basil can act as a very strong restrain to flies. Given this, you can plant basil in your own garden in order to keep flies away. Together with basil, you may also plant lavender, mint or marigold. These plants are very good natural fly repellants.
- Essential Oils – Essential oils are also good natural fly repellents. Essential oils like peppermint, lemon grass, lavender and eucalyptus do not only possess sweet and gentle aroma, but also they can be effective in keeping away pests like the house flies. Just spray the said oils in your living area, dining area, bedroom, or kitchen to keep your whole house free from flies.
- Green Apple Soap – researches indicate that green apple liquid soap is good in attracting flies. Just fill a jar with a few inches of tap water and add two spoons of green apple liquid soap. The house flies will be attracted to the fruity and sweet aroma of the green apple and the flies will get drowned in the water inside the jar.
- Apple and Clove – Stud some cloves into an apple and then place it on the table in your kitchen or in areas where there are plenty of flies. You may also use clove oil to clean surfaces of tables or cabinets. House flies cannot bear the cloves’ smell and the flies will instantly disappear.
- Apple Cider Vinegar – Apple cider vinegar is a very effective way to get rid of house flies. Just put some apple cider vinegar into a small bowl. The house flies will get attracted to the solution because of the sweet aroma. Now so that the flies will not escape, just add some liquid detergent into the bowl. The flies will come but will never be able to escape and will eventually get drowned.
- Cucumbers– Try to place some cucumber slices right on the top of your garbage can. This is effective in preventing the flies from laying their eggs inside the container. The flies are repelled by the cucumber because of its fragrance. Also, you may place some cucumber slices around your house perimeter. This will restrain the flies from entering your house.
- Cayenne Pepper – Try taking some cayenne pepper and then put it in a small spray bottle. Then add some water to the bottle and shake it well in order to mix the contents together. Spraying the mixture around your house will kill the house flies.
- White Wine – Mix some white wine with a little dish washing liquid. Then, place this liquid mixture into a small bowl. The house flies will be attracted to the bowl of mixture and get poisoned.
- Cinnamon – Use cinnamon as a natural air-freshener in the house. House flies hate the sweet aroma of cinnamon and will stay outside.
These are just a few samples of natural fly repellants that can help in handling your menacing fly problem. To make things easier, just combine some of the steps together with the use of Shooaway in order to win the battle against house flies.